Saturday, September 18, 2010

Fancy neighbors

I went over to my 10 acres and there's a house next to the fence. When I found it's for sale (no sign out), I asked a realtor to find the listing. She sent it to me and my worthy neighbor has the house and 2 acres listed for $329,000. Ouch. There goes the neighborhood. The listing had a slide show of the inside and it's absolutely gorgeous. It could be in homes and garden. Huge floor to ceiling free standing limestone fireplace. Granite counter tops in the kitchen. Wood lined ceilings and paneling. Huge Jacuzzi tub in the master bath. And it goes on and on. She said they wanted more space and I can believe it. Poor kids had to sneak riding their 4 wheeler through my place. I am so overgrown that I can't get past the front part of trees. Waiting for the wood eating, mulching machine to call to clear it in 1/2 day. Seems like no one is calling back. Went over to visit Phyllis. She said I looked horrible, I was red in the face and sweating profusely. She got me a cold bottle of water. We talked and looked at her pet cows. Three little raccoons peeped out from a youpon bush to check on their cat food dinner that Shelley throws out about the time we were there. They only wanted us to turn our backs and 4 babies dashed for the cat food. Phyllis and John built their house years ago. Her yard is full of 2 well endowed pear trees, lots of tall oak trees and little garden spots around it. There's a pet guinea running around. A stray black and white mother cat came up with 4 kittens. They are going to spay and neuter them this week. She said their main vet wanted to charge $300/cat. They said No Way, Jose and are taking them to my vet who charges $75 or $85. I just heard that there's a vet in Brenham that charges less. Where do these vets get off with charging outlandish prices for a very simple procedure? Guess they've signed up for Obama's health care. I finally found a house that I want to build. I've been looking at it for a long time and found it on line. Can you believe it's a man who has built a barn here and one for my brother. Now, he's come up with a Barndiminium. It's a metal building that's just what I wanted....as much house as you want and the rest is barn space for the riding lawn mower and gator and whatever. They put up the metal building and you sub contract out the framer, plumber, electrician, etc. I know the layout I want but don't know how to draw it up. I enjoy the trees and sandy soil there. Would feel much better with 30 acres but that's all I could afford when I bought this. It's 40 x 60 x 12. It's become very popular for country homes for a rustic look. And functional. Apparently, it's more economical and certainly less maintenance with the metal exterior. It's suppose to with stand high winds, tornados and termites. No exterior painting. I like a log home but that's a chore to keep it up. You have to pressure wash it and it gets really dark and the logs separate. No thanks. It has a great front porch they include that's 10x60. I think a lot of country churches are going with this type of structure because the cost is less. And, there are no restrictions on country churches. I have cleaned out the under part of the kitchen sink. Boxes stacked everywhere. The pipe had a leak and I wanted to give it a good coat of paint so it looks good. So much junk one accumulates. Mike came today and began painting upstairs. We should all have to move yearly so we don't get so much stuff around. I still feel panicked . This seems to press down on my soul. Have to ask the higher person to take it away from me. Just bring me peace and calm. Maybe I can throw my worries up into the atmosphere and hope it lifts. I'm running as fast as I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment